- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Quick easy meal with meat veg and a bit of colour.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 cups uncooked jasmin rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 250 gram beef mince
- 1/2 large red capsicum
- 5-10 gloves garlice (finely diced)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup diced spring onion (optional)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Cook rice in rice cooker and once cooked fluff up and let cook with lid on but allowed to vent. Marinate beef mince with sesame oil, light soy and corn flour mix well.
- Add oil to the wok and wait to heat. Crack eggs into a bowl and pour into hot wok. Slowly turn as you see the bottom slowly cook. Remove and put aside.
- Add oil and fry capsicum to taste. Remove and fry garlic the same way. Remove garlic.
- Add oil if required and add mince and brown. Add peas and cook. Add warm rice and mix through and fry. Add egg, capsicum, garlic and spring onion. Serve :)
This isn't a traditional fried rice recipe but I have adapted it over the years from how my Mum used to make it. I also prefer to use fresh rice opposed to rice from overnight as I feel more comfortable then putting leftover fried rice in the fridge for the next day. You can also swap ingredients and/or take them out as you wish. Eg instead of beef mince use pork, chicken, bacon or leftovers. You can add corn, take out the egg just keep in mine colour makes it more attractive.