- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
A quick and easy recipe to clean out your veggie drawer.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 shallots (or 1 brown onion)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- two handfuls baby leaf spinach
- 2 tsps stock powder
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- olive oil
Notes... This recipe is called Everything but the Sink because you can use whatever veggies you have on hand to make it. Go ahead and clear out your fridge! The only vegetable I'd recommend as a core ingredient is the sweet potato. It works beautifully with the coconut milk to make a creamy, dairy free sauce for this risotto. Incidentally, as written, this recipe is vegan too (provided you use a vegetable stock powder, not beef or chicken!) If you've got a carnivore in the house who won't tolerate even one meat-free meal a week, you can always add a few slices of leftover steak, chop up a little bacon or add shredded leftover chicken. This dish also works as a veggie packed side with a bit of grilled fish (and serves more people that way too.) Finally, you can substitute long grain white rice for brown rice, just cut your cooking time to 14 minutes (or the Risotto function on the Philips).
- Finely slice or dice shallots/brown onions, garlic, sweet potato, capsicum and carrot. Saute with a good glug of olive oil and stock powder. I used the high saute function on the Philips All-In-One Cooker for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and corn. Saute for a further five minutes, or until veggies are softened.
- Add spinach and stir it in while it wilts.
- Add brown rice, coconut cream and water. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 25 minutes on high pressure. This recipe can also be oven backed for around an hour, just add an extra half a cup of water and seal your baking dish tightly with alfoil.
Recipe Everything but the sink risotto
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.