The go-to treat for the chocolate lovers that is both guilt free and nutritious. Created by a Nutritionist who loves her sweets, to bring you the healthier version of a jaffa truffle. Enjoy!
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Ingredients (makes 20 balls)
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Cacao
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Pitted Fresh Medjool Dates
- pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Chia Seeds to roll in
- Pre soak the almonds the night before (or for 2hrs) in warm water. Using the half cup you have used to measure out the dates, fill with boiling water enough to cover and pre-soak for 2 minutes.
- Drain off the water from pre soaking the almonds and dates and place all ingredients into the blender or processor. Blitz until a coarse texture is formed, if mixture is too wet add more almonds until the mixture sticks together between your fingers.
- Roll into balls the size of ping pong balls and coat with additional chia seeds. Store the raw cacao and orange balls in the fridge for up to 10 days.