- Makes 1.5
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Delicious with Christmas meats. Makes a great homemade gift for teachers, friends and family.
Ingredients (makes 1.5 Litres)
- 1.5kg Ripe plums roughly chopped
- 700ml Cold water
- 1 Star anise
- 750g White sugar
- 1tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Ezy Sauce
- Place plums in a large saucepan with water and star anise. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally until soft and stones have loosened.
- Strain the mix over a large bowl, discard stones and star anise. Pour the pulp and liquid to a large saucepan.
- Stir ginger with a little water to make a paste and add to the saucepan along with the remaining ingredients. Boil uncovered for around 30 mins until the sauce has reached a thick, pouring consistently.
- Pour into hot sterilised jars using a funnel.