- Serves 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
From my Grandma – hence the old measurments! A family favourite for years, and tastes just as good cold.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 pound Peeled potatoes, cut into thick rounds
- 1/2 pound Diced bacon
- 1 Pound Peeled cored and sliced Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Sheets Short crust pastry
- Into a greased pie dish layer in order potato, bacon then apple
- Repeat layering, sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- Pour in stock until pie dish is three quarters full.
- Cover with pastry and egg wash (mix an egg with a little milk, then brush over pastry)
- Place in hot oven for 20 minutes then medium oven until cooked. Cooked when skewer indicates soft.