- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Flaxseed muffins are a healthy and tasty treat for any time of the day. Great for school lunches.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 2 Cups Linseed Meal (flaxseed)
- 2 tsps Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Jam (any flavour, I use Plum) (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 160c (fan forced). Grease muffin tray holes with butter.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients - flaxseed, baking powder, salt and caster sugar, mix together. Stir in melted butter, eggs and water, until combined.
- Fill 3/4 of each muffin hole, using a teaspoon put a dollop (roughly a1/4 tsp) of jam on top of muffin mixture, slightly push down.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Jam is optional. Diabetic jam can be used also.