- Serves 5
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
At first I was sceptical about cherries in a savoury dish such as meatloaf, but I was absolutely thrilled with the results and couldn’t stop devouring it. The origin of this recipe is Belgium (from a Flemish region). Every place you go throughout the country have their own variation of herbs to add a different twist to this basic recipe!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1kg Sausage Mince
- 1 kg Beef Mince
- 1 Large Brown onion diced
- 2 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Good Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 50mL Tomato Sauce
- 100mL Worcestershire Sauce
- 600g Jar Cherries
- 1/3 Cup Cherry Juice, reserved from jar of cherries
- Combine mince, herbs, sauces, onion cherry juice and seasonings. Mix together until combined.
- Put onto large board or working surface and work into a square that is approximately 1/4 of an inch thick or as desired.
- Place cherries on top of meat square.
- Fold left and right side of meat square onto itself (about an inch, this is so the cherries stay in place).
- Roll from front to back as with a Swiss roll
- Place in greased loaf tin and bake in oven on 160c for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Drop oven temperature to 120c during last half an hour of cooking.
Recipe Flemish Meatloaf
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.