- Serves 12
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
An all time favourite, this flourless chocolate cake is great for afternoon tea or dessert. Dairy and gluten free and still tastes delicious! You won’t believe how quick and easy it is to prepare. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil
- 160g 70% dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- Preheat oven to 160°C (315°F) fan-forced. Grease a 25cm springform tin with oil and line base with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl beat egg yolks and oil together. Melt chocolate and mix honey into chocolate until honey is dissolved. Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat.
- Mix almond meal into chocolate mixture, and then gently fold in egg whites until completely combined.
- Pour in mixture and bake for 35 minutes. Leave to cool in tin for at least 20 minutes. Remove and cool on a cake rack (run a knife around the outside of the cake to loosen it from the tin before removing). Serve with fresh raspberries.
For a more professional look when entertaining guests, dust the cake with Dutch cocoa.