- Serves 10
- Makes 1
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Super moist cake. Great for when you have gluten free guests. Sprinkle with toasted almonds & dusting sugar to impress.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 1 Cake)
- 2 Oranges
- 6 Eggs
- 250gm Caster Sugar
- Teaspoon Baking Powder (gluten free)
- 250gm Almond Meal
- This step can be done the night before. Gently boil the oranges for 2 hrs (after 1hourreplace with clean water). This will take the bitterness out. Let the oranges cool overnight or to room temperature- 30 mins to 1 hour. Leave skin on. Cut oranges into quarters & blend in a food processor till a smooth consistency. About 20 secs. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 160deg. Using electric beaters, mix eggs & sugar for about 2-3mins on high speed till the mixture lightens. Add baking powder & mix.
- Add the Almond meal & Oranges. Gently mix till all ingrediedients combined.
- Mixture is very runny. Pour into a lined spring form tin. Bake 160deg 60mins. Cooking time will vary in different ovens. Cake is cooked when it starts to come away from the sides. Be careful when transferring cake onto serving tray as this is a super moist cake. Use a large pizza spatula. Serve with a dollop of double cream :)
It is a recipe from Stephanie Alexander's cookbook.