- Makes 12
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
Tip: If using Cavendish bananas, to keep them fresh and from turning brown, brush with fruit juice such as apple or pineapple juice. Alternatively, use Ladyfinger bananas which won’t lose their yellow colour.
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
- 250g white Chocolate
- 250g almonds
- 150g low G.I cane sugar
- 150g butter at room temperatue
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking Powder
- 1 tbsp orange Blossom Water
- For the topping
- 100g butter at room temperature
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338F). Brush a round 22cm spring form pan with melted butter or spray with vegetable oil spray. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the white chocolate and almonds into a food processor and mix until it forms a crumbly texture. Set aside. Mix the remaining ingredients in the processor until smooth.
- Add the white chocolate and almond mixture and blitz for another few seconds until combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- To create the topping, use an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and icing sugar together for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Spread over the cake and top with fresh banana slices.