- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A deliciously light and sugar-free alternative to standard pancakes.
Ingredients (makes 12 pancakes)
- 250 grams Ricotta (full fat works best)
- 125 ml Milk
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 100 grams Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- Coconut Oil (for the pan)
- fruit of choice to serve
- CoYo (coconut yoghurt) to seve
- Put the ricotta, milk and egg yolks into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Beat the egg whites until they become foamy - this isn't hard work even, whisking by hand, which is all that's needed here - and then fold them into the ricotta mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop in heaped dessert spoons of batter.
- Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute until golden and then flip them over and cook for another minute. Keep the cooked pancakes warm, by tenting with foil on a large warmed plate, while you work your way through the batter.
- Serve with your desired fruit and CoYo.
You can top with whatever pancake topping you like to make it your own... maple syrup, honey, lemon and sugar, fresh berries, cream, ice-cream etc. During summer my family prefers it with CoYo (A coconut yoghurt that is dairy free, lactose free, gluten free) and blueberries.