I love this traditional focaccia bread recipe! IT SMELLS AMAZING and tastes sooo good!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 toasted focaccia sandwiches)
- 2 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White sugar
- 1 packet Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup Warm water
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- Mix the yeast and water in a small bowl. let it sit for 10 mins until bubbles start to appear.
- In a large bowl combine the rest of the dry ingredients. add the yeast mixture and vegetable oil and mix.
- Once the dough is mixed together place it onto a floured flat surface and knead until smooth and elastic
- Once the dough has been kneaded oil a bowl and place the dough into it and cover in oil. let the dough sit for 25mins to rise in a warm place and with a warm cloth to cover.
- Punch the dough down and place on greased baking paper. pat the dough into 1/2 inch thick rectangle and using your knuckles to indent then pick with a fork. Brush with olive oil and chuck it in the oven at 200°c