- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Quick and easy slice which is great for childrens parties.
No baking required.
- 185g Butter
- 225g Crushed marie biscuits
- 400g Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lemons
- 2tsp Gelatine
- 1 packet green Jelly
- 1 packet red lolly frogs
- For the base- mix crushed biscuits and melted butter, then press into base of a 25 x 15cm slice tin.
- Lemon layer- Dissolve gelatine in 3/4 cup of boiling water. Blend condensed milk with juice of two lemons and the gelatine mix. Then spread the mix over biscuit base and leave to set.
- Jelly Layer- Make up jelly according to directions on packet and allow to cool. Pour over slice then drop red jelly frogs in and chill in fridge until set, Then cut into small squares to serve.
A very special recipe handed down to me by my now 92 year old Nan. I just added a modern twist with the frogs. For a firmer jelly pond, just use less water when making up the jelly.