- Makes 16
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A fruity, nutty treat that pairs perfectly with a cuppa!
Ingredients (makes 16 - 20 slices)
- 2 1/2 cups puffed brown rice
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 100g dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 50g mixed seeds (I used pepitas and sunflower seeds)
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 100g dark chocolate melts
Notes... Puffed brown rice is found in the health food aisle of the supermarket. It's much better for you than traditional rice bubbles. You can add any nuts, seeds or dried fruit that you have on hand.
- Grease and line a large slice tin. Preheat oven to 180 C. Put rice puffs, almonds, cranberries, apricots, coconut and seeds in a large bowl. Pour over condensed milk and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the base of the prepared tin, pressing down firmly. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Once the slice has cooled, drizzle the chocolate over the top, then set aside to set. Turn out of the tin, and cut into slices.
Recipe Fruit and nut slice
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.