- Makes 16
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This Fruit and Vege Bread is a fabulous recipe for morning teas in the school lunchboxes.
It freezes beautifully, you can ice or you can slice through the middle and add some butter. Best of all, it includes some veges and fruit!
If you’re making this for home or for adults, walnuts would go beautifully in this recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 16 cake squares)
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup broccoli or zucchini or even cabbage (purple or green)
- 3 - 4 ripe bananas
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 220g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Butter Milk (or use 100ml milk with a squeeze of lemon)
- 130g Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanlilla Extract
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice or Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (slightly lower for fan forced).
- Grease and line a 20 - 25cm square or round tin. You can make this mixture into muffins perfectly - just use muffin cases instead of the tin.
- Place the carrot and broccoli into a food processor and blitz until the vegetables are finely chopped.
- Add the bananas and blitz again until the bananas are roughly chopped.
- Add the caster sugar and butter and blitz on high for 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and blitz on high for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and make a well in the centre of the mixture to ensure it rises fairly evenly. If using muffin cases, only half fill each case with the batter.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before turning out of the tray.
- Cook for 30 - 35 minutes if you are using a square or round tin. Test for readiness by inserting a wooden skewer into the centre of the cake; if it comes out clean, it's ready.
- You can ice this cake if you like with a cream cheese icing but I prefer to keep it very simple and just sprinkle with icing sugar.
Recipe Fruit and Vege Bread
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.