- Serves 8
- Makes 8
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 5 Ingredients
A fruity twist of a traditional dessert,that is low in sugar, and tastes better than the real thing!
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 8 )
- 600ml Vanilla Yoghurt
- 8 large egg yolks
- 8 tspns honey
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 strip lemon zest
- Pour yoghurt into saucepan with lemon zest. Bring slowly to scalding point. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat berries with a little water till boiling point then remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks till thick and pale. Remove lemon zest from yoghurt and then pour in with the egg yolks and keep whisking to ensure mixed well and eggs wont curdle. Pour mixture back into a clean and dry saucepan and mixing continuously, heat until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Once this stage is reached, remove immediately from heat and transfer to a cooler bowl.
- Divide the berry puree between 8 ramekins. Then pour the yoghurt mixture over the top of the berries till the ramekins are filled to the top. Chill overnight.
- Once chilled and ready to serve, spoon 1 teaspoon of honey, spreading it evenly over the top, and using a blowtorch or preheated grill, caramalise the honey top. Repeat process till desired crunchiness is achieved. Serve immediately or keep cool (not refrigerated) till ready to serve.
I've been perfecting this recipe of creme brulee for a while but have made it into a low sugar option that doesn't compromise on taste.