- Serves 10
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
These ginger shortbreads are not too gingery but quite a delicately flavoured biscuit.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 50g Ginger crystallised or naked uncrystallised (Buderim) Ginger
- 185g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 60g sugar
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Chop the ginger finely.
- Beat together butter and sugar. Add the flour and ginger and mix until it forms a dough.
- Roll out onto a floured surface to about 1/2 cm thick and cut shapes using cookie cutter. Place on baking tray.
- Put in oven for 10 minutes then turn down to 150 degrees C for a further 4 minutes until biscuits have just cooked. (Do not brown). Cool on wire rack.