- Makes 24
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
An easy to make gingerbread which is great for gift giving, nibbles or parties.
Ingredients (makes 24 )
- 125 grams butter
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a mini muffin pan.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup, dark brown sugar and milk. Once melted and the sugar has dissolved remove from heat and add the bicarbonate of soda. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg. Add the flour, ginger and spices and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the mini muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes (until skewer comes out clean).
If you struggle with gingerbread biscuits but love the flavour these gingerbread mini muffins are lovely little mouthfuls.