- Makes 20
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Gluten free Choc Chip Cookies to rival any non GF cookie. In fact, many would say they are better! Go on, give them a go and see for yourself.
Ingredients (makes 20 )
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 160 g almond meal (1 & 1/2 cups)
- 75 g gluten free plain flour (1/2 cup) (I use Ardor)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g gluten free chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix the softened butter and brown sugar with an electric beater until combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for another few minutes until mixture is soft and the sugar is no longer grainy.
- Add the almond meal, flour, baking powder and salt and stir until it forms a dough then stir through the chocolate chips. Place in fridge for 15-20 minutes to harden slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper. Taking a tablespoon of mixture, roll into a ball and place on prepared tray and flatten slightly. Continue with remaining mixture, keeping dough balls 5cm apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges have started to brown (check from 12 minutes as every oven is different). Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Proving gluten free is just as yummy. For more delicious gluten free recipes, download the recipeezi Gluten Free App from the App Stores. It's free!