- Serves 8
- Makes 8
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
A simple alternative to gluten and dairy-based crumbles.
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 8 )
- 1kg tinned pie apple
- 1.5 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
- up to 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted (try it a tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency you like)
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice (for topping)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (for topping)
- Pre-heat your oven to 160°C (fan-forced), and grease a rectangular baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place the pie apple in a bowl, and combine with the mixed spice, lemon juice and sugar. Don’t worry if the apple gets a little mashed up, just stir it all through.
- Pour the apple filling into the base of the dish and smooth out.
- Mix together the crumble ingredients and then spoon over the filling. Smooth using the back of the spoon, being sure to fill all the edges and corners.
- Bake in the oven for up to twenty minutes, or until the crumble topping is browned all over (but not burnt!)
This recipe is also available on my blog: ineedafeed.wordpress.com