- Makes 1
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Make your taste buds dance with this deliciously tangy Lemon & Blueberry Cake. Very simple to make, and is lovely and moist.
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- Rice flour to dust
- 170g Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Caster sugar
- 1 TBS Lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten free SR flour
- 2/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 125g Fresh or frozen Blueberries
- LEMON SYRUP
- 2 TBS Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
Notes... Keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm ring pan. Dust with rice flour.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour, yoghurt and blueberries until combined. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the surface. (It's a thick batter not runny)
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make the lemon syrup, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Cook, for 5 mins or until syrup thickens. Place the warm cake on a serving platter with a lip. Carefully pour the hot syrup over the cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.