- Serves 8
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
You can use frozen raspberries for the receipe, or any berries you like. You can also add nuts to the cake.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 200g melted butter
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced Grease and line with baking paper a 20cm diameter round cake tin
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites with the vinegar until soft peaks form
- In another bowl, combine the icing sugar, rice flour and almond meal. Pour in the melted butter and stir to combine
- Using a spatula, gradually add the egg whites to the flour mix in 3 stages, gently folding through after each addition
- Finally, add in the raspberries and almonds and pour the mix into the cake tin. Bake for 45min or until a skewer comes out clean. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and raspberries.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.