- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
A pub favorite in the comfort of your own home! Deliciously crispy chicken schnitzels with a rich mushroom gravy…perfect!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 Chicken breast fillets, Halved
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 TBS Butter
- 4 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 400g Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 TBS Butter
- 4 TBS Plain flour
- 450ml Beef stock
- 2 TBS Balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
Notes... If you want to make this gravy into a creamy version, just add a few TBS heavy cream at the last step!
- Start by placing the halved fillets between 2 sheets of glad wrap and lightly pound with a rolling pin (or the likes) to flatten out until an even thickness
- Dredge each schnitzel in egg and then bread crumb, making sure to press on to coat evenly. Set aside on a baking tray
- Heat some oil over a medium heat, then cook the schnitzels in batches until the are all cooked through and nice and golden. Place onto a clean baking tray and place into oven to keep warm while making the gravy
- To make the gravy: Melt 2 TBS butter in a pan over medium-high heat and fry the onions until soft. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 5-7 minutes or until golden and the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add the remaining butter and melt. Add the flour, stir to combine and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add the beef broth, vinegar, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk continually until the gravy is thickened
- Cover and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.