- Difficulty Easy
Need to make fruit cakes now? These little fruit cakes are easy to make and delicious to serve with tea or coffee -the perfect little dessert to finish off a wonderful meal.
I have used the Mastrad Silicone 9 Mini Muffin Pan however they would also look fabulous in any of Mastrad’s Mini Pan range.
Special Equipment, 1 x Mastrad Silicone 9 Mini Muffin Pan
Ingredients, (Makes: 27 mini fruit cakes)
- 100g dried apricots, diced
- 100g dried paw paw, diced
- 100g dried mango, diced
- 100g red glace cherries, quartered
- 80g sultanas
- 60ml brandy
- 125g cultured unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup(100g) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (80g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (25g) self raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
- 50ml mango nectar
- 100g white chocolate, diced
- 100g white chocolate, extra, melted, to decorate
- Place apricots, paw paw, mangoes, cherries, sultanas and brandy in a large mixing bowl and mix to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute (or set aside overnight).
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced.
- Beat butter until smooth and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and continue to beat until mixture is fluffy and light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flours, almond meal and nectar and fold through until just combined.
- Add macerated fruit and white chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Fill Mastrad Silicone 9 Mini Muffin Pan until almost full and press down firmly. Tap pan on bench to compress mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Remove cakes from oven and tip pan upside down onto a cooling rack.
- Carefully remove silicone pan and allow cakes to cool completely before decorating with white chocolate. Repeat with remaining mixture.