- Makes 12
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A beautifully gooey tart lemon squares recipe that’s super easy to make but tastes heavenly.
Ingredients (makes 12 Squares)
- 250g Softened butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 2 lemons Juiced
- 4 table spoons Plain flour
- 1/2 cup Vanilla yougurt for serving (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 20x30cm pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated until golden. In another bowl whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and then the lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
I always get asked for this recipe when making it for friends. It's great to whip up when you're short on time and need a desert that is sure to please.