- Serves 4
- Makes 5-7 pieces
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Granola Bars are a great way to add a little more fibre to your family’s diet.
Granola Bars with milk chocolate are a great way to add a little more fibre and a whole lot of fun!
What do we love about MoM Member Madiha’s Granola Bars recipe?
- The ingredients are versatile – if you don’t have apricots, switch out for any other dried fruit
- The addition of milk chocolate makes them a sometimes food – but a sometimes food that is absolutely delicious
- If you don’t feel like toasting your ingredients before mixing, these granola bars will still be delicious
- You can make them any size you like
- The recipe is tried and tested by a real Mum so we know it’s good
Tips for even better Granola Bars.
We always like to use Uncle Toby’s Traditional Rolled Oats. Uncle Tobys Traditional Oats are made from 100% wholegrain oats. They’re a source of fibre and contain beta-glucan to help lower cholesterol reabsorption^
If you don’t have coconut oil in the pantry, you can switch out for Copha or vegetable oil. Copha will give you a harder set. Oil will make for a softer bar.
If you are making these for a sometimes lunchbox treat, don’t forget no nuts! Even if your children love nuts, others may be allergic.
Once you’ve made the bars, sprinkle toasted coconut on top to make these next level. They will look good. They’ll taste even more amazing!
Is this the best Granola Bars recipe you’ve tried?
Feedback from real mums like you is always important. If you think this is the best Granola Bars recipe ever, let us know in the comments.
^A 40g serve of oats provides a minimum of 1 g beta-glucan. Oats can help lower cholesterol reabsorption as part of a diet low in saturated fat. 3g of beta-glucan each day is required to help lower cholesterol reabsorption.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 5-7 pieces )
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Nuts (optional - you can leave out for school lunches)
- 1/2 cup Pitted dates/apricots/prunes/sultanas
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Milk chocolate buttons
- 2-3 tbsps Coconut Oil
Notes... You can add any dried fruits or nuts you like. If you don't want to add chocolate then replace it with honey or maple syrup. Add any oil for melting chocolate like almond, olive, corn etc.
- Place all ingredients (except milk chocolate buttons) on a baking tray and roast in a 160.C oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until the colour turn into golden brown. Halfway through, stir around with a fork.
- Once ingredients are a golden brown colour and beautifully crunchy, transfer the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Place the chocolate buttons and coconut oil in a saucepan and melt it on medium heat. Or you could also do this in the microwave. When the chocolate melts completely, add this to the dry mixture and mix until all ingredients well combined.
- Take a 20cm square baking tray and grease with butter (or line with baking paper). Pour the granola bars mixture in, flatten out with a spatula or the flat bottom of a glass and leave it in fridge for few hours (or until fully set. Carefully lift out and cut it into any size pieces you like and enjoy!
Recipe Granola Bars with Milk Chocolate
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.