A salad that’s eaten using chips instead of a fork? No wonder this gloriously green creation has gone viral!
Packed full of green goodness, this Green Goddess Salad went ballistic on TikTok, with the original recipe posted by Baked by Melissa clocking up more than 18 million views. It’s super easy to make, healthy and filling and a great twist on a traditional salad.
It’s essentially a vegan pesto type of dressing that can really be made with whatever green veggies you have in the fridge. Just tweak and tune the recipe to your liking – swap out the nuts for different types, switch out the herbs or use a different oil. Although this salad makes a brilliant side dish, if you pair it with some pita chips, it’s just asking to be gobbled down as a meal on its own!
Have a look at how quick it is to make:
@bakedbymelissa She’s a green goddess #food #recipe #vegan #foodie #viral #asmr #fy #fypシ ♬ original sound – Baked by Melissa
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 3-4 baby cucumbers or one large
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 bundle green onion/scallions
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nuts of your choice (I used cashews and walnuts)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbl rice vinegar
- Extra chives (optional)
- Wash and then chop all salad ingredients (green cabbage, baby cucumbers, chives, green onions) as small as you’d like and place in a big bowl.
- Add all liquid salad dressing ingredients (lemon juice, olive oil, rice vinegar) to a blender, then add the rest of the dressing ingredients (basil leaves, spinach leaves, garlic, shallot, nuts, yeast, salt chives) to the same blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad mix and enjoy with a chip or two!