- Serves 2
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This is a wonderfully healthy salmon salad made with brown rice. Great to take to work or give the kids for school lunch. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Are you sick of endless soap scum in your bathroom? See why Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam is rating so well in MoM member REVIEWS.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1⁄2 cup (100g) brown rice
- 150g skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 75g sugar snap peas
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 40g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool (see notes).
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Line grill tray with foil. Grill salmon for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cool slightly. Use a fork to flake salmon into large chunks.
- Place sugar snap peas in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in a bowl of cold water. Drain.
- Place rice, salmon, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, mushrooms and chives in a large bowl. Whisk juice, vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Add dressing to salad and toss gently to combine. Serve.
You can cook the rice a day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed. To take this to work, place salad, without dressing, in an airtight container. Pour dressing into a small snap-lock bag. Transport in a chiller bag and keep chilled until required. Drizzle with dressing just before serving. 11 ProPoints value per serve.