- Serves 8
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Halloumi is such an all year round ingredient but it’s never better than when it’s cooked on the barbecue and served as a warming winter side dish.
This Warm Halloumi, Couscous and Fig Salad is always a crowd pleaser and comes together in minutes – especially if you have the convenience of instant boiling water at the touch of a button with a Zip HydroTap in your kitchen.
Leaving you more time to mingle with your guests or enjoy a little down time with your family.
Feel free to have a little fun with this recipe by making changes to suit your family’s tastes.
- If your family adores halloumi, double the amount.
- If you prefer your halloumi uncooked, simply chop into smaller cubes and mix through the couscous when assembling the salad.
- This dish would work beautifully with a huge handful of fresh mint mixed through just before serving.
- Add a few pitted olives.
- Switch out the semi dried tomatoes for fresh tomatoes.
This recipe works brilliantly as a ‘make ahead’ dish. Simply make the base (without the figs, herbs and halloumi) and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to finish off, quickly toss in some olive oil in a non stick pan to warm through. Then at the last minute, add the halloumi, fresh figs and herbs and drizzle with a little olive oil.
This Warm Salad is an absolute winner as a side to so many different meals. Imagine serving this with a warming winter Lamb Tagine, alongside a perfectly barbecued steak or as the base layer for a butterflied and roasted Lemon & Oregano Chicken. Delish!
We’ve developed this recipe as part of our Close to Home Special Feature which is proudly brought to you by Zip Water. We love that you can have pure tasting, filtered boiling, chilled and sparkling water at the oh so convenient touch of a button. De-clutter your kitchen, add a whole lot of style and say goodbye to buying water in plastic bottles. Whatever the water requirements on your list are, there’s a Zip HydroTap that can deliver. Check out the full range at www.zipwater.com today and experience the Zip difference.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1.5 cups couscous
- 500g halloumi
- 10 - 15 green beans
- 4 - 5 semi dried tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 4 - 5 fresh figs
- fresh herbs to garnish
- Top and tail the green beans and chop into 3-4cm pieces. Place the beans, a little lemon zest, a pinch of salt, a crack of pepper and the couscous in a large heatproof bowl and give a quick mix to distribute the zest.
- Cover the couscous mix completely with instant boiling water from your Zip HydroTap, until there is about half a centimetre of water over the couscous. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- While the couscous is soaking up the boiling water, slice the halloumi into chunks and cook lightly in a griddle pan or on the barbecue.
- While the halloumi is cooking, slice the figs into quarters, slice up the semi-dried tomatoes and make a quick dressing of a little semi-dried tomato oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Take a fork and fluff up the couscous - the best result will be if you drag the fork across the top of the couscous gently. Each stroke of the fork will lift the pieces of couscous which separates it beautifully.
- Once the couscous is fully fluffed up, add the semi dried tomatoes and the dressing and mix through. Then simply top with the figs, halloumi and fresh herbs and it's ready to serve.
Click on the links below to see more great content from our Close to Home Special Feature, which is proudly brought to you by Zip Water.
Recipe Warm Halloumi, Couscous and Fig Salad
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.