A delicious little finger food that looks festive and tastes amazing
Ingredients (makes 25 pieces)
- 1 French stick, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 large piece Seedless watermelon, cut into 2cmx2cm squares
- 1-2 Block Halloumi cheese, cut into thick slices
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Arrange the french stick slices on a tray and brush each piece on both sides with oil.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle pan, and add the bread in a single layer. Leave long enough so they lightly toast and become golden. Do this on each side. Remove from pan
- Lightly grease the pan with olive oil and cook the halloumi for a minute or two on each side until golden. Alternatively if you have a large sandwich press, you can cook it in there and it does both sides at once. Remove and set aside in a single layer
- With each piece of toast, you want to add some rocket, a slice of Halloumi, a square of watermelon and then finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze
- While the toast and the halloumi can be made an hour or so in advance, these are best eaten when the cheese is still warm.