- Serves 20
- Makes 20
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
A quick and easy Easter treat to keep on tap in the pantry for when Easter guests drop by for a cuppa. A great alternative if you've missed the Hot Cross Buns at the bakery!
Ingredients (serves 20 | makes 20 biscuits)
- 1 cup icing Mixture (well sifted)
- 375g Butter 4 cups Plain Flour 2 - 3 tbsp Jam (your choice of flavours)
- 4 cups Plain Flour
- 1 cup Nestle Bakers Choice Mini Milk Choc Bits
- 1/2 cup Nestle Bakers Choice Choc Chips
- 1 tbs Nestle Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (or 170 degrees celcius if your oven is fan forced.
- Place the softened butter and the Icing Sugar into a mixing bowl and beat together with an electric mixer for 3 - 5 minutes to achieve a lovely soft creamy mixture.
- Reduce the speed of your mixer to low and very gradually add the plain flour. I do it half a cup at a time to prevent the flour flying everywhere when you add it in. The mixture will be quite stiff once you have added all the flour (this is OK).
- Place 1 tbsp of icing sugar into your sifter and cover your benchtop of baking sheet with icing sugar. Turn the dough mixture out onto the icing sugar and knead gently to bring it together into one firm ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough ball in cling wrap and place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle another tablespoon of icing sugar onto your working surface and roll out the dough to just under 1 cm thick approx. Using an Easter Egg shaped cutter, cut our your biscuits and place them onto baking sheets.
- Once all your biscuit shapes are in place, decorate accordingly with the various choc chips and mini choc chips. For the cocoa stars and stripes, cut out the shape on a sheet of standard paper, hold over the biscuit and then very lightly sprinkle cocoa through a sifter to make the shape/stripe.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, rotating the biscuit tray halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from oven when very lightly browned and allow to cool on the biscuit tray.
A lovely fun activity for you to do over the Easter long weekend - especially if it's raining!