- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Half the sugar and butter of normal frosting but still has an amazing yummy taste! I used wholemeal plain flour and it had little flecks through it and no one even noticed! I think different milk options could be used also.
Ingredients (makes 12 Cupcakes)
- 35 g Plain Flour
- 200 ml Milk
- 150 g Sugar
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 35 g Vanilla extract
- Place flour and milk in saucepan, continue to stir over medium heat. Bring to slow boil until thick custard. THERMO: Place flour and milk into TM bowl and pulse 2-3 times to blend. Cook for 15 minutes at 80°C on speed 4.
- Pour into bowl, cover with plastic wrap, pushing plastic down onto surface of mixture. Cool completely.
- Beat butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat well. THERMO: In clean TM bowl pulverise sugar for 15 seconds on speed 9. Add butter and chop for 5-10 seconds on speed 7. Insert butterfly and aerate butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes on speed 3. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Add vanilla and beat well.
- Add cooked milk mixture and continue to beat well for around 2-3 minutes at a time until very smooth and white. THERMO: Add cooked milk mixture and continue to beat for around 2-3 minutes on speed 3 until very smooth and white.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (No longer and no less.) Use immediately.
I want to spoil my granddaughter but don't want to give her all the sugar and additives. I try to eat better but I love my sweets too. So I'm always looking for cheats so they taste great but aren't as bad for us. The cupcakes for this recipe were not that good but the the frosting is a winner and I will be using it for all the kids and adults!