- Serves 24
- Makes 24
- 5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This choc chip cookie recipe is my first baking recipe and still one of my favourites. So easy and so quick to make, all you need is a bowl and a spoon. I’m often making these in the evening for the school lunches or to munch on during the day. Scrumptious!
Ingredients (serves 24 | makes 24 )
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup chopped 70% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180° fan-forced. Mix egg and oil together. Dissolve honey with water and add to egg mixture. Stir in coconut and flour and then add chocolate.
- Leave mixture to stand for 10 minutes. This will make the mixture less sticky when rolling into balls. If you don’t have time to let the mixture stand, use two teaspoons to spoon the mixture into dollops on the tray. Line two trays with baking paper and place the balls on the trays. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before placing cookies on a cake rack.