- Makes 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 17 Ingredients
A healthy and tasty snack or lunch which can be enjoyed by the kids or by adults at home or in school lunchboxes!
Ingredients (makes 10 fritters)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin and ground coriander
- pinch cayenne pepper (if desired)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 1 avocado cut into 1cm pieces (Salsa)
- 1 lebanese cucumber cut into 1cm pieces (Salsa)
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped finely (Salsa)
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves (Salsa)
- 1 tbspn lime juice (Salsa)
- 1 green onion chopped finely (Salsa)
- Sift flours, baking powder and spices into a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in combined egg and water until the batter is smooth. Stir in corn, capsicum and onion and season to taste.
- Heat half the oil in a large frypan; pour a large spoonful of batter for each fritter into the pan (depending on the size you would like) and spread into a round shape. You can easily cook 3 - 4 fritters at the same time.
- Cook the fritters for approximately 2 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan, cover to keep warm and repeat with remaining mix.
- To make the avocado salsa - combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve fritters with salsa and extra coriander - Enjoy!
You could add bacon to these fritters as well, or substitute any of the flours used with normal plain flour. Depending on your kids taste buds, different vegetables could be used such as tomatoes or zucchini. If you don't want to make the salsa then the fritters taste great with sweet chilli sauce as well. This is an extremely adaptable recipe!