These Healthy Lemon Snack Bars are a great healthy little treat to keep in the fridge for when you are craving something sweet, but not too sweet.
Ingredients (makes 12 small bars)
- 1 Lemon (you need the zest & the juice)
- pinch Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Desiccated coconut
- 1 cup Ground almonds
- 4 TBS Coconut oil
- 4 TBS Honey
- Place all ingredients into a food processor - reserving a small amount of the zest and the coconut - you will need this to sprinkle on top
- Blend for 2 minutes, or until mixture has combined.
- Press evenly into a lined slice tray, sprinkle with coconut and lemon zest, then allow to set in fridge for at least an hour prior to serving. When ready to serve, cut into bars.
These Healthy Lemon Snack Bars can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge. You could freeze them too - but we doubt there will be enough left to freeze!We hope you enjoy this Healthy Lemon Snack Bars Recipe - let us know how you liked it in the comments below. If you're a fan of lemon, here are some other recipes you might like to try: