- Serves 6
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This lovely and versatile loaf makes a great lunch with salad or dinner with vegetables but is just as popular for the lunch box or even in a toasted sandwich. I used a store bought Fig and Balsamic glaze but have also tried it with bbq sauce which was just as tasty and the kids liked that taste better. The sweet potato and chia becomes almost invisible so the kids didn’t know how good it was for them!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Turkey Mince
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Tomato chutney (or sauce/ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1cup Dried whole meal breadcrumbs
- I 1/2 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1/2 Brown Onion (fine chop)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (fine chop)
- 1 cup Sweet Potato (grated)
- 3/4 cup Balsamic Glaze ( or bbq sauce)
- Mix egg, tomato chutney, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, breadcrumbs, chia seeds, onion, parsley
- Add grated sweet potato
- Add Turkey mince and mix well
- Press into loaf pan and smooth top
- Pour over glaze and place in preheated 170 oven
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove when cooked through and leave in loaf tin for 10 minutes before turning out.