- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
An economical, easy family pleaser!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1kg Diced blade steak
- 2 Onions, diced
- 4 Large potatoes, peeled and cut Into small pieces
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3 Stalks celery, chopped
- 1 Parsnip peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- Any other veg you have handy eg pumpkin, turnips etc
- 1 litre Stock - I used vegetable made from Vegeta stock powder
- 1/2 tsp Mixed herbs
- Turn on slow cooker (low)
- Prepare veg. Add all veg to pot and layer meat on top.
- Add stock and liquid. I mix the mixed herbs into the stock and pour the lot together.
- Cook on low approx 6 hours, and if needed, turn into high for the last hour or so. If liquid has not evaporated, it can be thickened using a tbsp cornflour mixed with some water and stirred through stew. Allow to continue cooking for another 10 mins or so to cook out the cornflour.
- Serve either as is or on a bed of rice.
I alter this depending on what veg (or meat!) we have on hand. It is very versatile!