These moreish morsels are a family favourite and the combination of these flavours really do complement each other. The addition of just a quarter of a teaspoon of cloves to this recipe makes them just irresistibly perfect. Do hope you enjoy as well.
Ingredients (serves 15 | makes 15 sandwiched kisses. )
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- For the: LEMON BUTTER CREAM
- 60 g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- extra zest for serving
- extra icing sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line two baking trays. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar and eggs with an electric beater until smooth and creamy. Sift in the dry ingredients. Fold to combine. Roll mixture into balls and place on baking trays, leaving room for the kisses to spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool on trays.
- To make the lemon butter cream, beat butter and lemon zest together in a small bowl with an electric beater until as white as possible. Add the sifted icing sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Add a little milk for a softer consistency, depending on what you prefer.
- Once the kisses have cooled, sandwich together with lemon butter cream.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar and a pinch of lemon zest to serve.