Jazz up your traditional Christmas Ham with an Asian-style glaze!
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 whole ham, bone in leg
- 20 cloves
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 cup Chang’s Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Chang’s Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. five spice powder
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir or whisk to combine.
- Carefully peel the skin from the ham and discard. Make 1cm deep cuts in a diamond pattern approximately 2-3cm apart all over the fat on the surface of the ham.
- Place a clove at the intersection of each cut. Place the ham into a large baking dish alongside the orange slices, adding one cup of water.
- Brush half the glaze all over the ham and bake in a hot (220 degree) oven for 15 minutes. Remove the ham, and brush with the remainder of the glaze. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve ham warm from the oven, or cold from the refrigerator.