- Serves 6
- Makes 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
The most tastiest, easiest apple pie you will ever make!
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 8 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks ( keep the whites for a wash)
- 2 Tsp water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 175 grams butter
- 1 Tsp butter
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- Make pastry,Process flour, sugar and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks and chilled water. Process until dough just comes together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Shape into a disc and put in the fridge for atleast 30 mins
- Apple filling, Put parepared apples in a sauce pan on moderate heat adding 1tsp butter, brown sugar and the cinnamon. Still and let cook until apple has just gone soft.
- Let filling cool . roll out the pastry on a clean, floured surface. Grease tin and place the pastry on the bottom. Once in place poke with a fork two or three times then add the cooled filling. Cover the pie with another sheet of pasty and wash over the egg white wash with a pastry brush and sprinkle with a little caster sugar. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes on 180 or until it looks golden brown
You can make this in a muffin tray,great for kids parties or an extra special lunch box surprise!