- Makes 1
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
My grandfather taught me how to make this. I am actually not a lover of liquorice however, my family like this.
Ingredients (makes 1 Container)
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Blackstrap molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Anise extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Black food colouring
- Line a glass 8″-square baking dish with baking paper.
- Bring butter, sugar, syrup, milk, molasses, and salt to a boil over high heat in a large saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer until temperature reaches 265°
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, extract and colouring, pour into pan. Chill until firm, 30–45 minutes.
- Invert onto a cutting board, peel off paper, and cut into ¼”-thick ropes.
- Place on baking sheets, let sit for 1 plus hours or until set. Store between paper in an airtight container.
You can twist liquorice if desired.