- Serves 4
- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This yummy recipe for vanilla ice cream can be made with a machine or without.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 1 Litre)
- 350ml Milk
- 150gm Sugar
- 200ml Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Freeze the barrel of your ice cream maker overnight.
- Blend ingredients together, and store in freezer for 30 minutes for the mixture to become nice and cold. ( I find this helps the mixture churn better)
- Turn on your ice cream maker and pour in the mixture. Allow to churn for 20 minutes or until mixture expands and thickens.
- HAND MADE METHOD Using the same mixture place in a freezable bowl (metal works best). Place in freezer and beat with a hand mixer every 30 minutes for 3 hours, or until mixture is thick like soft serve.
Perfect for summer, ice cream machines are fantastic for making your own ice cream and frozen yoghurt.