- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
The enjoyment from creating fantastic flavours out of something so simple and easy as pizza makes friday night dinner a breeze. The humble italian herbs and spices add just the right amount of taste and flavour, but still lets the cheese, tomato and salami that we all love with pizza shine through.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 plain wood fired pizza bases or other brand of base
- 2tblspns Italian spaghetti herb spice mix make sure it is pure herbs and spices
- 200g salami shredded
- 2 whole tomato chopped finely
- 2tblspns pesto dip
- 200g mozzarella and other italian cheeses for topping
- Tear the salami into bite size pieces and spread over the pizza base. Scatter the tomato pieces
- Any pesto dip will do for this recipe. Add little droplets of the pesto, you will be amazed how much flavour the dips provide.
- Cover with your choose of cheese and then sprinkle the italian spaghetti herbs liberally over the top. Place on a pizza tray or thin oven tray @ 200degrees for 15min till golden .
Pizza toppings are only limited by your imagination. Why not spice up your next pizza topping with moroccan spice with chicken or new orleans cajun spice with lamb and yoghurt. You can get pure herb and spice blends at leading independent supermarkets or greengrocers.