- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
A fresh and tasty homemade lemonade made from real lemons.
- 4 lemons, peel and juice
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (I use raw sugar)
- Cut the peel from the lemons trying not to get too much of the white part.
- In a medium pot add 2 cups of the water, the lemon peel and the sugar. Simmer gently for 20 minutes to make a syrup.
- Strain the syrup and leave to cool.
- Squeeze the lemons to get around 1 cup of lemon juice.
- In a large jug add the strained syrup, lemon juice and 4 cups of water. You can use soda or mineral water if you prefer to have fizz.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice.
You can experiment with removing portions of the sugar if you want to lower the sugar content. You can also use the syrup and juice to make a lemon iced tea - just add four cups of cold tea instead of water.