- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This Honey Brioche French Toast is a delicious special treat and a perfect way to start the day or serve at brunch.
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
- 1 Brioche Loaf
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Light Cream
- Honey (or Maple Syrup if you prefer)
- Preheat a non-stick frypan to a medium heat.
- Slice the brioche loaf into slices 2 - 3cm thick.
- In a large open mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the cream together until well combined.
- Just before you add the brioche to the frypan, add a small teaspoon of butter to the pan and let melt.
- One by one, dip the slices of brioche into the egg mixture and let sit for a minute or two. Place the brioche slice straight from the mixing bowl into the frypan and cook both sides until golden brown.
- Serve drizzled with honey (or maple syrup). Also delicious with a dollop of ricotta or some fresh strawberries or raspberries.
My family absolutely love this recipe as a special treat and are now cooking it all by themselves. If we're short on brioche, we just switch out for either normal bread, sourdough or even the thick slices of raisin toast.