Spoil Dad with this hot and saucy steak recipe. The perfect Father’s Day lunch, this manly feed will be sure to make any Dad smile.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Cooking spray
- 4 x 150g lean rump steaks
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- ⅓ cup shallots sliced
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- ⅛ teaspoon chilli chopped (in jar) or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock powder
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup water
- In a large non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray, fry steaks for 3 minutes on each side turning once. Remove to a plate. Re-spray frypan and sauté mushrooms for 3 minutes. Add shallots and cook a further 2 minutes. Add all other ingredients except cornflour and water and simmer 2 minutes stirring slowly.
- Mix cornflour with the water and add to the pan and mix together. Once boiled add the steak back to the pan to reheat, then serve.
- Replace Rump with 4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts.
Suitable to be frozen.
Recipe from Symply Too Good To Be True Book 6
Note from Annette
A great way to make a boring piece of steak interesting, and even better, it takes only a minute or two to make the sauce. Great when you want to have something tasty at your next BBQ.
The combination of red meat and mushrooms means this meal is loaded with important nutrients including iron and vitamin B12. An outstanding inclusion in a healthy diet.