- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Easter muffins are a great alternative to hot cross buns and are great anytime – even after Easter!
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 125 grams Butter (melted)
- 2 cups Self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Mixed spice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Mixed fruit
- 2 tablespoons Orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and spice together then stir in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix together the melted butter, eggs, milk and orange juice.
- Add the egg mixture to the bowl with flour, sugar and spices. Mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in the mixed fruit.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases and bake for around 20 minutes.
- Let cool. You can also add the cross over the top in icing for a more traditional hot cross bun effect.
I am not great with recipes that contain yeast so this alternative to hot cross buns is a perfect solution!