- Serves 4
- Makes 1
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This Hot Smoked Salmon Salad is a super quick complete meal in a bowl. Includes a serve of good quality protein via the salmon, a little protein via the quinoa, good fats via the salmon and the avocado and plenty of vegetables. Any leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day!
Is your bathroom as clean as your kitchen? Might be time to rethink what you’re using. See why Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam is rating so well in MoM member REVIEWS.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 1 large salad bowl)
- 185-200g Hot Smoked Salmon (store bought)
- 1.5 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 - 2 cups Spinach/Rocket leaves
- 1 medium Tomato, diced or sliced
- 1 medium Beetroot (roasted or poached - not tinned), diced or sliced
- 1/2 large red capsicum, diced or sliced
- 2 medium - large Avocados, roughly chopped
- 1 cup steamed Kale leaves, cooled and roughly chopped up
- 2 tbsp Tomato Relish (homemade or store bought)
- Pinch Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Lemon or Lime to squeeze
- Cook the quinoa in your rice cooker or saucepan or in the basket of your Thermomix (whichever method you prefer). Set aside to cool down.
- Remove the hot smoked salmon from packaging and remove any skin.
- Steam the kale then roughly chop. Set aside to cool.
- Dice the capsicum, tomato, beetroot, capsicum and avocado.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl, toss together and serve... add chilli flakes if you'd like a little spice, some finely diced red onion if you like the flavour or more lemon/lime juice if you like it tart.
My hubbie and I love meal in a bowl salads - so quick and easy (and usually quite healthy). I keep a variety of ingredients on hand pretty much all the time so I can throw these types of salads together at short notice.