A pak choi & chicken dish with a hot & sour sauce on a bed of coconut rice.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 225g/4serves Basmati Rice
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 300ml Water
- pinch Salt
- 2cm Ginger finely sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 Large Red Chilli (optional) Seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 600ml Water
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 heaped Teaspoon Cornflour
- 4 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 4 Heads Pak Choi cut in half
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- Sprinkle Toasted Seasame Seeds
- Rice- Wash the rice off in some water 2/3 times Drain the rice and rinse and place into a saucepan. Add the coconut milk, first amount of water and the salt. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer. Cover and cook for ten minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Chicken- While the rice is cooking, place the ginger, garlic and chilli into a saucepan. Add the soy sauce and second amount of water and bring to the boil. Add the chicken breasts, then cover and cook over a low heat for approx four minutes.
- Turn the chicken in the liquid, then place the pak choi into a steamer basket and set the steamer over the chicken pot for approx three minutes until the pak choi is tender/wilted.
- Sauce- Place sugar, cornflour, rice vinegar & light soy sauce in a small saucepan, place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute, stirring constantly until thickened and glossy.
- Serving- Slice the chicken and arrange on plates or in bowls over the coconut rice, add the pak choi. (2 halves per serve)
- Drizzle with the sauce, scatter each serve with the spring onions and sesame seeds, and serve immediately.