- Serves 4
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 17 Ingredients
A pak choi & chicken dish with a hot & sour sauce on a bed of coconut rice.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 225g/4serves Basmati Rice
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 300ml Water
- pinch Salt
- 2cm Ginger finely sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 Large Red Chilli (optional) Seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 600ml Water
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 heaped Teaspoon Cornflour
- 4 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 4 Heads Pak Choi cut in half
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- Sprinkle Toasted Seasame Seeds
Notes... Chilli is the 'hot' part of the title but is an optional ingredient that you can add to taste or leave out. Looks impressive and tastes great An adaption of a recipe that does exist but we can never remember where from and we have personalised it to our tastes.
- Rice- Wash the rice off in some water 2/3 times Drain the rice and rinse and place into a saucepan. Add the coconut milk, first amount of water and the salt. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer. Cover and cook for ten minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Chicken- While the rice is cooking, place the ginger, garlic and chilli into a saucepan. Add the soy sauce and second amount of water and bring to the boil. Add the chicken breasts, then cover and cook over a low heat for approx four minutes.
- Turn the chicken in the liquid, then place the pak choi into a steamer basket and set the steamer over the chicken pot for approx three minutes until the pak choi is tender/wilted.
- Sauce- Place sugar, cornflour, rice vinegar & light soy sauce in a small saucepan, place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute, stirring constantly until thickened and glossy.
- Serving- Slice the chicken and arrange on plates or in bowls over the coconut rice, add the pak choi. (2 halves per serve)
- Drizzle with the sauce, scatter each serve with the spring onions and sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Recipe Hot & Sour Chicken with Coconut Rice and Pak Choi
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.