- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A simple, healthy, low calorie Middle Eastern dip
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 225gm dried chickpeas, soaked, drained and cooked (or used canned)
- 5 tbsp tahina (sesame seed paste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- to season salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- to garnish black olives
- to garnish paprika
- If using dry chickpeas, soak for at least 4 hours or overnight, rinse and cook till soft and mushy. Drain and reserve some liquid.
- Puree the chickpeas along with garlic.
- Cool and add tahini and lemon juice. Taste and adjust sourness with lemon juice and season with salt. Add the reserved liquid to loosen up consistency if necessary.
- Garnish with olive oil and black olives.